Here are a few ideas to help you get started on your “fun-raising” efforts. These are just guidelines, so feel free to come up with your own! If you come up with a creative fundraising idea and would like to share with us, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org :)
During the Global Cardboard Challenge month (online):
- If you're a Cardboard Challenge host, create a profile page and set a fundraising goal!
- Share your Cardboard Challenge Event page (you will be able to register soon!) with friends and family and ask them donate and share with others that might want to help support creativity and entrepreneurship in kids.
- Offer fun prizes to people who donate, e.g. a hand-drawn thank-you card, an autographed sketch or painting, a poem, fresh-baked cookies, a thank-you grab bag, etc...
- Come up with a Cardboard Challenge mascot. Pair up with another class or organization to see who can raise the most in the month leading up to October 6th. Whoever's winning at the end of each day/week gets to keep the mascot.
- Ask friends and family if their places of work have a Matching Gift Program.
- Write letters to friends and family telling them about the Global Cardboard Challenge and asking them if they'd like to donate.
- Contact local businesses to see if they'd like help you reach your fundraising goal or ask if they might donate food or building supplies or prizes for your event.
On the day of your Cardboard Challenge Event:
(Proceeds from this day to be donated to a local cause/charity of kids' choosing)
- Sell Fun Passes to play in the arcade.
- Sell home-made STAFF t-shirts.
- Sell raffle tickets for prizes.
- Sell snacks and drinks.
- Have kids choose to auction off their cardboard creations.
- Put out a collection jar. Host a game-a-thon.